Beginner Photography Course
6 hrs | Next Course: Sun. 12 July 2015 | SPECIAL – $149* pp
The perfect course for those new to digital photography and want to learn how to use their camera outside of the Auto mode.
The course is made up of three sessions:
- Session 1 is conducted in the classroom, covering the camera and photography theory.
- Session 2 consists of a walk through the Perth CBD with your camera (and tripods if you have) to put the theory into practice, with the instructor teaching skills and providing advice as required.
- Session 3 is conducted back in the classroom, where we will review and critique your images, giving constructive comments and tips on technique, composition so that you get an instant opportunity to fine tune your photography skills.
Light refreshments including tea, coffee, and biscuits are provided throughout the course. There is a 30min break for lunch, but we do not provide lunch. Around the training venue there are places to purchase lunch from, or you can choose to bring your lunch and any additional snacks with you.
Beginner Photography Course Outline:
- Introduction to the camera and how to handle it correctly
- Buttons and controls
- Basic do’s and don’ts
- Camera security and care
- Lens choices
- Auto and manual focus
- Depth of Field and what it means to your photographs
- Image file formats and quality settings
- ISO and how and when to use different ISO settings
- White balance
- Filters and their usage
- Tripods and monopods
- Basic composition
- Basic tips on editing
- Field trip around Perth CBD to put theory into practice
- Critique and feedback on your photos taken during the course
- DSLR Camera or Mirrorless camera with interchangeable lens
- Additional lenses (if available)
- Camera manual
- Tripod (if available)
- Spare battery
- Pen and paper to take notes (full course notes also provided)
We have a few camera bodies and lenses available for hire for the course. This is handy in case you are looking to buy a camera in future but aren’t sure of what to get. We will also provide some purchasing information during the course and are happy to answer any queries you have about equipment purchase outside of the course too. Please contact us for further information.
The next Beginner Photography Course dates:
- 12 July 2015 (Sat), 11am-6pm
- 26 July 2015 (Sun), 11am-6pm