Lancelin + The Pinnacles
2 days | Sat 4 – Sun 5 Jul 2015 | SPECIAL – $249* pp
Discover Perth, Lancelin & the Pinnacles
This tour starts off in Perth where we meet in Kings Park in the morning. We explore and shoot in Kings Park before making our way to the iconic Crawley Edge – more popularly known as “the blue boatshed” and one of the most photogenic jetty and boatshed scenes in the world.
We then depart Perth and make our way to Lancelin, famous for its beautiful white sand dunes and beaches with turquoise waters. We practise our landscape photography here amongst the dunes before having a break for lunch.
From Lancelin, we drive north towards Nambung National Park, home to the Pinnacles, a unique collection of limestone formations formed tens of thousands of years ago which jut out in the dry desert sands.
We spend the rest of our day at the Pinnacles where we will spend our time exploring these amazing formations. There are great landscape photography opportunities to be had as the setting sun changes the lighting and shadows of the Pinnacles.
Our final photography session is an introduction to long exposure photography and astrophotography. The Pinnacles area has a great dark sky and weather permitting, you will be able to see and capture the Milky Way on your camera!
- Photography tuition
- Bottled water and refreshments
- Course notes and shooting guide
- Transport from Perth to Pinnacles and back
- Accommodation at Cervantes
- Meals and beverages
During this tour, we will cover following kinds of photography:
- Long exposure
What you will learn:
- Introduction to manual settings
- Learning about light quality
- Working with available light
- Understanding your camera
- Lens usage
- Camera settings for Landscape photography
- Camera settings for Wildflower photography
- Camera settings for Macro photography
- Camera settings for Long exposure photography
- Shooting technique
- Image composition basics
- Metering basics
- How to assess and get correct exposure
- Shutter speed control
- Aperture and depth of field control
- How to set ISO for the subject and lighting
- Capturing images in JPG vs RAW
Lancelin & The Pinnacles Tour – Booking
4-5 July 2015 (weekend) – $249* per person
* Payment is non-refundable. By making a Deposit or Full Payment you agree to our booking terms and conditions. View our full terms & conditions here.
Start: Perth, Sat. 4 Jul 2015 at 9:30am
End: Perth, Sun 4 Jul 2015 at 2:00pm
Places visited: Kings Park, Crawley Edge, Lancelin, The Pinnacles (Nambung National Park), Cervantes.
Accommodation: 2-star lodge in Cervantes
Price: AU$249 per person twin share
(single supplement AU$90)