South West Australia Landscapes Tour
3 days (Weekend) | 21 – 23 Aug 2015 | $649 per person
Stunning Landscapes in South Western Australia
The South West of Western Australia is a remarkable region for landscape photography. In this tour, we will explore the South West region around Cape Naturaliste and Cape Leeuwin, covering everything ranging from rocky coasts, towering forests, pristine beaches, gentle bays, and mysterious caves.
This tour will be based at a holiday house in Dunsborough, where you will return after each shooting session to review and edit your photos. You will learn how to best post-process your images and our instructors will provide expert guidance and critique so you can improve your photographic and editing skills.
Our South West Australia Landscapes Tour is ideal for the beginner to intermediate photographer who is looking to improve their landscape photography and post-processing skills.
- Understanding your camera controls
- Introduction to manual settings
- Learning about light quality
- Working with available light
- Lens usage
- How to assess and get correct exposure
- Shutter speed control
- Aperture and depth of field control
- Landscape photography camera settings
- Long exposure photography camera settings
- Shooting technique
- Introduction to Metering
- Image composition basics
- Capturing images in JPG vs RAW
- Return transport from Perth to Dunsborough
- 3 days photography tuition
- Personalised attention and feedback
- Water and snacks
- 2 nights accommodation in Dunsborough. We recommend the Dunsborough Central Motel for a comfortable and affordable stay:
- Meals and drinks.
We recommend that you bring the following equipment:
- Digital camera with full manual control and interchangeable lenses covering focal lengths from ultrawide (<24mm) to telephoto (85mm+). DSLRs and Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Cameras are recommended
- Sturdy tripod and tripod head.
- Remote shutter release.
- Neutral density (ND) filters: 3 or 4 stop (ND8 or ND16) and a 9 or 10 stop (ND400 or ND1000) filter.
- Optional: Graduated neutral density (GND) filters.
- Circular polariser (CPL) filter.
- Durable camera bag/backpack.
- Spare batteries, battery charger, spare memory cards.
- Plastic bag to protect your camera gear from moisture, drizzle or sea spray. A large clear garbage bag or an Optech Rain Sleeve is ideal.
- Lens cleaning fluid and microfibre cloths.
- Warm, weatherproof clothing.
- Torch and insect repellant.
- Weatherproof shoes suitable for walking on wet and uneven surfaces. Waterproof hiking boots recommended.
- Laptop, external hard drive and mouse or tablet for the post-production and critique sessions.
South West Australia Landscapes Tour – Booking
21 Aug 2015 (Fri, 3pm) – 23 Aug 2015 (Sun, 12pm)
To book your place on the South West Australia Landscapes Tour, you will need to make a Deposit or Full Payment* and complete a Booking Form.
For direct deposits, please transfer payment to the following bank account and email the transaction record to email@example.com:
Bankwest – Garden City, 125 Riseley Street, Booragoon WA 6154
Account number: 2762488
Account name: Incredible Photo Tours
* Tour deposit is non-refundable and the balance payment of the tour is to be paid to our bank account via direct deposit or Paypal no later than 30 days of tour departure. Payment details will be emailed to you upon confirmation of your deposit payment and allocation of your place on the tour. Online payments using Paypal includes a 3.6% service charge. There is no service charge using direct deposit. By making a Deposit or Full Payment you agree to our booking terms and conditions. View our full terms & conditions here.